Is Christianity more about what you do for God or what HE does for you?
Welcome to a much-need whack upside the head. The truth is that God is infinitely more committed to you than you will ever be to him. And he’s good with that.
In Grace Intervention, you will dicover:
- Why you can’t lose your salvation, even if you try. Once Saved, Always Saved.
- The stealth legalism of today’s hipster churches: nouveau legalism.
- Forces in your heart and mind that keep turning grace upside down.
- Hidden dangers of guilt and shame as motivations for the Christian life.
- The Gospel of Grace. It’s not asking Jesus into your heart, giving your life to Christ, or committing your life to Christ. Heck, you can’t even commit to a diet!
Unburden yourself! Make the shift from lies, labels, and legalism to God’s staggeringly beautiful grace.
Yesterday’s legalists were obvious. Today’s legalists have evolved a cooler, hipper legalism. The snake has shed its skin, but it’s still the same snake: humans, by human effort, earning God’s approval. . . .Grace Intervention exposes the new strains of legalism that infect today’s church as much as yesterday’s disagreements over movies, dancing, and rock-and-roll. With humor, compassion, and biblical insight, Giovannetti guides Christ-followers step-by-step through the counter-intuitive shift from legalism to God’s staggeringly beautiful grace.